Intro to Ice Climbing-1 Day
- Dates: Aug 1st, 15th, 31st; Sept 6th & 20th; Oct 10 & 24
- Duration: 1-2 Days
- Level: Beginner
- Client Ratio: 6:1
- 1 Day– $200
- 2 Day– $395
- Included: Group climbing gear, guide, instruction, harness, helmet and ice tools
- Not Included: Transportation, lunch, snacks, gratuities for the guide, plastic boots and crampons.
Been thinking about trying something new and have a free day to swing some ice tools? This program introduces you the skills necessary to climb alpine ice such as the North Ridge or Coleman Headwall on Mount Baker.
Course curriculum includes:
- Ice axe positioning and proper application of all axe positions for climbing moderate and steep snow and ice
- Selection and proper use of ropes, anchor equipment, north wall hammers and ice climbing tools
- Crampon usage and techniques: French, German, and American techniques
- Roped glacier travel
Discussions will include proper clothing and climbing gear for survival in the high mountains, mountain weather, alpine ecology, efficient, safe and self-dependent climbing techniques, and Leave No Trace ethics.