Rock & Wine-Intro to Rock Climbing in Wine Tasting Country
- Dates: Jan 26th-FULL; March 16th, April 20th, May 11th
- Duration: 1 Day
- Level: Beginner
- Client Ratio: 6:1
- 1 Day – $200
- 2 Days – $295
- Included: Group climbing equipment (ropes, helmets, harnesses, protection, and carabiners) and guide services.
- Not Included: Transportation, wine tasting fees, restaurant meals, rock climbing shoes, gratuities for guides, and all personal items. A detailed equipment list will be sent to all participants.
Come learn to rock climb in the fall comfort of the desert wine country of the Cascades. Learn about how to move on rock, tie into a rope, belay surrounded by Sandstone and balsalt towers and walls amongst vineyards, orchards, wild rivers and wild roses while eagles and turkey vultures soar overhead. Leavenworth and Vantage are worth visiting as much for the atmosphere as the climbing.
On this climb we cover:
- Knots, belay techniques
- Roped climbing, face and crack climbing techniques
- Hazard assessment including a discussion of objective vs. subjective hazards
- Leave No Trace ethics.
Rental Resources: REI
Day 1: Leave Seattle at 6 AM to Mt Erie, Peshastin Pinnacles or Vantage depending on conditions and the pace of the group, we will do 3 to 5 climbs and cover a variety of techniques till 4:30. Then we go to one of the wineries to relax and enjoy a beverage with stunning views of the desert and Cascades. After eating and relaxing, we pack up by 6-6:30 and drive home arriving by 8-9 PM
QUALIFICATIONS: It is not necessary to have previous experience.