Mount Erie Intro to Rock Climb & BBQ
- Dates: August 3-FULL & 17, Sept 1-FULL & 14
- Duration: 1-2 Days
- Level: Beginner
- Client Ratio: 6:1
- 1-2 Days – $200
- Included: BBQ(smores & a beverage), group climbing equipment (ropes, helmets, harnesses, protection, and carabiners) and guide services.
- Not Included: Transportation, rock shoes, gratuities for guides, and all personal items. A detailed equipment list will be sent to all participants.
Come learn to rock climb at Mount Erie while enjoying the views of the Puget Sound that take in the waters around Deception Pass, the San Juan Islands, the Olympics, and Cascades. Learn about how to move on rock, tie into a rope, belay surrounded by madrona trees, shore pines, and wild roses while eagles and turkey vultures soar overhead. Mt. Erie is worth visiting as much for the atmosphere as the climbing.
- Knots, belay techniques
- Roped climbing, face and crack climbing techniques
- Rappelling and anchor building(DAY 2)
- Hazard assessment including a discussion of objective vs. subjective hazards
- Leave No Trace ethics.
Rental Resources: REI
Day 1: Leave Seattle at 9 Am to Mt Erie depending on conditions and the pace of the group, we will do 3 to 5 climbs and cover a variety of techniques till 3:30. Then we go to Deception Pass State Park to relax and enjoy a beverage and bbq with stunning views of the Olympics and Cascades. After eating and relaxing at the beach, we pack up by 4:30-5 and drive home arriving by 6-7 PM
Day 2: Arrive at 9 AM and begin with rappelling and anchoring building and continue with crack climbing techniques and possible multi-pitch climb
QUALIFICATIONS: It is not necessary to have previous experience.