Intermediate Rock Climbing climbing teaches techniques of multi-pitch climbing, placement of artificial protection, lead climbing, and route finding on longer climbs. Then you will practice lead climbing on both sport and traditionally led climbs. Placing your own protection and belay anchors while under the watchful instruction and belay of expert instructors will give you the confidence and experience required to navigate, travel, and lead in the vertical world. Finally, you will have the opportunity to lead and route find on multi-pitch rock faces.
- Selection and use of protection passive and active protection
- Anchor construction, equalization, and evaluation of top rope, lead & rappel anchors
- Development of more advanced face, slab and crack climbing techniques
- Belaying a lead climber, lowering, and rappelling techniques
- Leading route selection, rope management and route finding